Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae
The rhizome of this product is short and thick, with sometimes residual stem base at the top. Roots numerous, long cylindrical, slightly curved, some branched with whisklike slender roots, 10 -- 20cm long, 0.3 -- 1cm in diam. Surface brownish red or dark brownish red, coarse, with longitudinal wrinkles. Old root skin loose, more purplish brown, often scaly peeling.
National compilation of Chinese herbal medicines:Radix Salviae Miltiorrhizae
English name:RADIX SALVIAE MILTIORRHIZAE
Alias:Red root, da hong pao, blood ginseng root, blood mountain root, red salvia miltiorrhiza, purple salvia miltiorrhiza
Several species of the same genus are also used as salvia miltiorrhiza in different regions:
(1) Salvia bowleyana Dunn;
(2) Salvia przewalskii Maxim, Salvia miltiorrhiza, gansu;
(3) Salvia przewalskii Maxim. Var. mandarinorum (Diels) Stib.
(4) Salvia yunnanensis c. h. Wright, yunnan Salvia miltiorrhiza (yunnan danshen, shishan danshen, red cabbage), yunnan c. h. Wright, "purple danshen" as medicine in yunnan;
(5) Salvia kiaometiensis Levl., f. pubescens Stib.
(6) Salvia miltiorrhiza Bunge var. alba c. y. Wu et h. w. Li, MSS. In addition, Salvia digitaloides Diels of white back Salvia miltiorrhiza, s. trijuga Diels of leaves and s. plectranthoides Girff of small Salvia miltiorrhiza are also used as Salvia miltiorrhiza in some areas.
The rhizome of this product is short and thick, with sometimes residual stem base at the top. Roots numerous, long cylindrical, slightly curved, some branched with whisklike slender roots, 10 -- 20cm long, 0.3 -- 1cm in diam. Surface brownish red or dark brownish red, coarse, with longitudinal wrinkles. Old root skin loose, more purplish brown, often scaly peeling. The material is hard and brittle, with loose section, with cracks or slightly flat and dense, the skin is brownish red, the wood is grayish yellow or purplish brown, and the duct bundles are yellowish white and arranged radially. The breath is slight, the taste is slightly bitter. The cultivars were relatively robust, with a diameter of 0.5 ~ 1.5cm. The surface is reddish-brown, with longitudinal wrinkles, and the skin is close and not easy to peel off. The quality is solid, the section is relatively flat, slightly horny.
(1) take 5g powder, add 50ml water, fry for 15-20 minutes, cool and strain. The filtrate was concentrated in a water bath until it was sticky and thick. After cooling, the filtrate was dissolved by adding 3 ~ 5ml ethanol and filtered. A few drops of the filtrate were taken and placed on the filter paper strip. The filter paper strips were suspended in the concentrated ammonia solution bottle (no contact with the liquid level), removed after 20 minutes, and observed under an ultraviolet lamp (365nm), showing a pale blue-green fluorescence.
(2) take 0.5ml of filtrate under item (1) and add 1 ~ 2 drops of ferric trichloride test solution to show green stain.
(3) take 1g of the powder, add 5ml of ether, place it in a test tube with a plug, shake it, leave it for 1 hour, filter it, the filtrate will be dried, and the residue will be dissolved with 1ml of ethyl acetate as the test solution. In addition, 1g of salvia miltiorrhiza control drug was taken and prepared into control drug solution by the same method. Then take tanshinone Ⅱ A reference substance, and ethyl acetate vinegar made from each 1 ml contains 2 mg of solution, as A reference substance solution. According to thin layer chromatography (appendix Ⅵ B) test, from the above three kinds of solution 5 mu l, each point in the same silica G thin layer plate, benzene - acetic acid ethyl ester (19:1) as developing agent, unfolds, remove and dry. In the chromatogram of the sample, the same color spots were found in the corresponding positions of the chromatogram of the control drug. The same dark red spots appear in the corresponding positions of the chromatogram of the control substance.
Crafting the salvia miltiorrhiza: take effect, according to wine main method (appendix Ⅱ D) dry.
Sexual taste: bitter, slightly cold.
Return to the heart: return to the heart, liver
Functions and indications: remove blood stasis and pain, promote blood circulation and relieve the meridians, clear the mind and remove boredom. Of irregular menstruation, menstrual dysmenorrhea, buildup of symptoms, tingling in the chest and abdomen, numbing heat, sore, tingling, restless sleep; Hepatosplenomegaly, angina pectoris.
Usage and dosage: 9 ~ 15g.
Caution: do not use with veratrol.
Storage: store in a dry place.